Want to make your money work harder for you in 2017? Take these steps to save more and build a more secure tomorrow:
- Register for 2017 retirement webinars.
- Step up your savings.
- Get expert advice on putting your money to work.
- Help yourself to a hassle-free retirement.
- Speak with a pro—if you’re retiring soon.
1. Register for 2017 retirement webinars.
Whether your retirement is months away or decades away, our popular retirement webinar series has something to offer you. Join us as financial experts discuss a variety of topics—everything from reducing debt today to managing retirement income tomorrow.
Here’s what’s coming up in the early part of the year:
- January: Create a Budget, Ditch Your Debt and Start Building for the Future
- February: Identify and Prioritize Your Savings Goals
- March: Preserving Your Savings for Future Generations
- April: Turn Your Savings into Retirement Income
These first four webinars are offered by Fidelity. To learn more or register, log on to Fidelity’s website. Keep in mind that new webinars are added all the time. Be sure to watch for updates online or in For Your Benefit.
2. Step up your savings (and maybe cut your tax bill at the same time!).
If you’re already saving in the 401(k) Plan, think about whether you can afford to save more. Even a 1% increase in your contributions can make a big difference over time. Not sure how much you should be savings? See Smart Money Move #3. And if you’ll be age 50 or older in 2017, consider adding catch-up contributions.
To increase your 401(k) Plan contributions, visit Fidelity’s website (401k.com) or call the Rockwell Automation Service Center at Fidelity at 1.877.765.4015 (1.877.ROK.401K). At a minimum, make sure you’re contributing enough to take full advantage of the company contributions.
3. Get expert advice on putting your money to work.
Rockwell Automation has partnered with Financial Engines®, an independent investment advisor, to offer you unbiased, expert advice—and most of it is offered at no cost to you.
- Online Advice. Get unlimited access to powerful retirement tools that can help you adjust your saving and investment strategy.
- Professional Management. For a fee, experts can create and implement a retirement planning strategy for you and continually monitor and rebalance your account so you stay on track.
- Annual Retirement Evaluation. Each year, Financial Engines provides a personalized analysis of how you’re saving and investing in the 401(k) Plan. It’s a great way to see whether you’re on track to meet your goals. Watch for yours in late spring or early summer (unless you’re in Professional Management or opted out of the mailings).
To sign up or get more information, call 1.877.401.5762 and ask to be connected to Financial Engines.
4. Help yourself to a hassle-free retirement.
Are you thinking about retiring in the next three to five years? These tools map out what you need to know and do for a smooth retirement. Tools in raquickfind.com include:
- The Retirement Process Timeline Tool. Enter your retirement date, and the tool automatically tells you what you need to do—and by when—so you don’t miss a deadline. Simply click on a time period and you’ll get easy-to-follow instructions and tips. You’ll also learn when your retirement benefits will start and which resources are available to you.
- The Go-To Guide for a Hassle-Free Retirement. Review your retirement options—including retiree medical benefits—and see what you need to know and do before you retire. The 2017 version will be available early next year.
5. Speak with a pro—if you’re retiring soon.
If you have questions about your retirement benefits, ask a retirement specialist at the Rockwell Automation Service Center. They can help you understand:
- How to pick a retirement date that maximizes the benefits you’ll receive from Rockwell Automation
- What your Rockwell Automation Pension Plan and retiree medical benefit options are (if you’re eligible)
- The forms and information you’ll receive in the mail about your retirement benefits
- How to begin your Social Security and Medicare benefits
- What action steps you need to take and when
They can even help you complete paperwork and make elections for the Pension Plan and retiree medical (if you’re eligible) by phone. To reach a specialist, call the Rockwell Automation Service Center at 1.877.OUR.RASC (1.877.687.7272) and say “retirement” when prompted. Specialists are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Central time.
Did You Know?
Through Rockwell Automation, you have access to retirement help from Financial Engines. Financial Engines has been providing retirement planning services to Rockwell Automation Retirement Savings Plan participants since 2012. Financial Engines is an independent investment advice and management service provider. They do not sell investments or receive commissions; instead, their job is to serve the best interest of Rockwell Automation participants. To take advantage of this valuable service, visit www.401k.com to access Financial Engines or call 1.877.401.5762 to talk with an Investment Advisor Representative.
Rockwell Automation hired Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C (FEA) to provide investment advisory services to plan participants. FEA is a federally registered investment advisor and wholly owned subsidiary of Financial Engines, Inc. Neither Rockwell Automation nor FEA guarantee future results. Financial Engines® is a registered trademark of Financial Engines, Inc. All other marks are the exclusive property of their respective owners. ©2016 Financial Engines, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission.